Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Tomato Love

'Homemade is better' is something that has been proved to me again and again, whether it's bread, jam, cake, hats, bags, etc, etc, etc. And the message has been driven home yet again by the cherry tomatoes growing on my back deck.
They are easily the best tomatoes I have ever eaten. They taste like summer. They are so good in fact that I practically have to fight the dog off just to get to them. Everyone wants a piece of these tomatoes.
So being the aspiring urban farmer that I am, I harvested seeds from a handful of tomatoes the other day and cannot wait to grow a small army of these fantastic plants next year.
I am loving my time in the garden and the sense of connection that growing your own food gives. What has been your most successful crop?


No comments:

Post a Comment