Friday, 2 November 2012

Cooking From the Heart


For a while now I have been fascinated with the idea of rituals for daily life (born of on going efforts to start a meditation practice) and after a few twists and turns this lead me to read a bit about kitchen witchery. The idea of people treating their food as something magical and as an expression of love and healing speaks to something deep down in me.
Most people agree that the kitchen is the center of the house so it makes sense to me that it should become a center of people’s spirituality.
I find that I get so much more out of my time spent in the kitchen when I think this way. When I want to make a ritual of my cooking I light a candle and take a moment to enjoy a few deep breaths. When I come to my cooking this way the entire experience is so much better than when I come to it with a sense of irritation and feeling like I have to get this done or that it is just another chore. When I view cooking as an expression of love I find that the sense of peace that I create there follows me through the day.
So next time you are cooking, take a moment, breathe and invite peace into your home.
Do you have any ways that you ritualize your cooking? How about any other household activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment