The first two months of P333 went very smoothly and then along came the holidays and all of the stress and busyness that comes with them. Between the endless family parties and get togethers with friends and some unfortunate weight gain my wardrobe didn’t quite cut it. I’m sure had I planned better I would have been able to survive the holidays without having to venture out into the crowds, but I was really expecting to go up a pants size. I blame chocolate.
So long story short, I had no problem sticking to my capsule wardrobe during day to day life but throw in the craziness that goes with Christmas and I caved.
Going forward I am going to approach this a little differently. I will still be picking out 33 items, but I will be reviewing my list at the end of each month. After all, have you ever tried keeping up with Canadian weather?
In case you’ve forgotten (I certainly did) this is my list from last time, as well as a few notes on what did and didn’t work.
1. White tank – So glad I included this, I wore it so much.
2. Coloured tank
3. Black tee – Another favorite.
4. Coloured tee
5. Print tee – I actually ended up adding another printed tee during the third month.
6. Grey ¾ sleeve shirt
7. Pink blouse – I probably wore this most of all.
8. Black turtleneck – I didn’t end up wearing this at all. I love this shirt, but it isn’t quite fancy enough to be fancy and isn’t good enough for everyday wear.
9. Pullover sweater
10. Grey zip down hoodie
11. Navy zip down hoodie – This sweater had a weird fit to it and has since been donated.
12. Gray Roots Hoodie
13. Beige cardigan
14. Green dress – I only wore this once or twice and probably would have worn it more if my tights hadn’t given out on me.
15. Sweater dress – This shrunk in the wash to the point that I can’t go up stairs without showing off my unmentionables and unless I am able to stretch it back out I probably won’t be wearing it again.
16. Fancy dress – Didn’t wear this one as much as I expected, mainly due to a lack of proper footwear.
17. Navy pants – Love these pants, but tore them badly climbing into a jeep.
18. Black jeans – Only wore these once or twice, they are getting very close to being too worn out to wear out of the house.
19. Blue jeans
20. Skinny jeans – Love these pants, unfortunately the zipper is broke.
21. Dress Pants – Practically lived in these during the holidays.
22. Warm tights – Started piling after too many washings. If you’re going to wear tights, drop the extra money and get a good quality pair.
23. Yoga pants
24. Green pants – Wore these out too, though they are at least 4 years old.
25. Pleather jacket – Another case of buying a cheap product coming back to haunt me, after only one season this coat is worn out.
26. Black trench – Another holiday essential.
27. Tan jacket
28. Winter coat
29. Knit hat
30. Wool cap
31. Striped scarf – Love this scarf! It goes with everything.
32. Floral scarf
This round I will be keeping quite a few of these items on my list, but have also made a few changes. One of the biggest changes is the lack of dresses. I love them, but I rarely seem to wear them, so I have only included my favorite one. I have also added a few more tops and changed out a few pairs of pants. I am just putting the finishing touches on my list and it will be up early next week.